Virtual | The Virtual Audition Room: Technique for Virtual Auditions & Callbacks | Youth
In this course, actors will dive deep into the ins and outs of virtual on-camera auditioning with an accomplished working actor and coach in the Southeast/Atlanta market. Learn how to create and deliver dynamic performances, while maximizing the “digital canvas” for self tapes or zoom call backs, with an emphasis on clear, active choices, grounded in truth. We will also cover everything “outside of the acting” from industry standards for self tapes & at home set-ups to finding auditions, representation, and other resources. We’ll create a basic road map for any audition by analyzing the script, exploring relationships, objectives, motivations, obstacles, actions, and storytelling arc. We’ll practice receiving notes and re-directs. Slates, cold reads and callback/on-set etiquette will also be explored, and we’ll reserve time each week for general questions about the biz!
- Understand present-day industry standards for successful lighting, sound, and audio for self tapes, and hear what makes a virtual audition/callback stand out or suffer.
- Learn how to create an authentic environment and be a dynamic storyteller…with your computer screen as the audition room!
- Explore how to bring one’s best self to any audition so that they are specific, grounded in truth, and varied.
- Hear real-time response to self tapes – what are the successes and what are the opportunities.
- Re-explore material from self-tapes in a mock call back setting with real time notes and adjustments from the instructor.
- Create together a basic road map for any audition by identifying relationships, objectives/motivations, obstacles, actions/behavior, and storytelling arc.
- What’s too much or too little in a self-taped slate?
- Explore cold reads and quick tips to make them stand out with little preparation time.
- Appropriate zoom callback & on-set etiquette and expectations.
- Time each week for general questions about the biz!
INSTRUCTOR: Jillian Batherson
AGES: 10 – 17
WEEKDAY: Thursdays starting September 8th
COMMITMENT: 12 Weeks
INVESTMENT: $499/12 Weeks. Payment plans available.
PREREQ:Prior acting training – theatre or on camera – preferred. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Location:Virtual via Zoom
FALL SESSION dates: September 8, September 15, September 22, October 6, October 13, October 20, October 27, November 3, November 10, November 17, December 1, December 8.
Register below to guarantee your spot!
Catapult Acting, LLC has a 24 hour grace period in which clients can cancel their registration and receive a full refund. After 24 hours, a 10% cancellation fee will apply to all registrations. If the client chooses to cancel 15-21 days before the event, a 50% refund will be issued. If the registration is cancelled within 14 days of the event, 100% of the payment will be forfeited. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds for missed, dropped or cancelled classes; should your schedule change once registered and within the cancellation policy.
In the event that “Shelter in Place” or another quarantine situation should take place, workshops + classes will continue virtually via Zoom. The cancellation policy above will still apply.