ON-CAMERA: BASELINE | TEENS
In TV/ Film acting, actors bring stories to life in front of the camera. This course teaches actors how to create nuanced, honest characters and consistently deliver memorable and vulnerable performances in their on-camera work. Actors will be on-camera in every single class, learning by doing. Understated, truthful performances are born from learning what it feels like to live inside the mind, body of another. This course will focus on:
- specificity, subtlety, nuance
- sensory and imagination exercises
- connecting with partner and audience
- adjusting performance for each specific shot
- TV/Film Acting vs. Stage acting
- script analysis and character development
- building confidence by making bold choices
INSTRUCTOR: Atkins Estimond
dates: August 20, August 27, September 10, September 17, September 24, October 1, October 8, October 15, October 22, October 29, November 5, November 12, November 26, December 3, December 10, December 17
1 SPOT REMAINING
Register for Atkins’ on-camera class below.
WHAT DOES “BASELINE” MEAN?
The BASELINE designation is reserved for the introductory level of each course that Catapult offers. Each BASELINE course is a prerequisite to its corresponding ADVANCED class and should be taken in order to progress in Catapult’s Youth Acting Track.