improv: BASELINE | TEENS
This is an introductory course to Improvisational Comedy – an ever growing Art form where the actors make up everything in the moment. Improv training is arguably one of the most valuable assets you can possess as a TV/Film actor these days. This class will teach you how to listen, say YES, embrace discomfort and failure, and develop an awareness for comedic timing.
- Intro to Improvisational Warm Up Games
- Exploring the 3 W’s: Who, What, Where
- How to build a scene from nothing
- Developing Sensitivity with a Scene Partner
- Character Exercises
- Intro to Game & Short Form Improvisation
- Performance Experience at some of Atlanta’s Biggest Comedy Theatres
INSTRUCTOR: Julia Jones
dates: August 25, September 1, September 8, September 15, September 22, September 29, October 6, October 13, October 20, October 27, November 3, November 10, November 17, December 1, December 8, December 15
NOTE: Payment Plans Available. Call 404-500-7897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Register for Julia’s popular improv class below.
WHAT DOES “BASELINE” MEAN?
The BASELINE designation is reserved for the introductory level of each course that Catapult offers. Each BASELINE course is a prerequisite to its corresponding ADVANCED class and should be taken in order to progress in Catapult’s Youth Acting Track.