Cast Yourself: Audition Technique for TV and Film | ADULT
In this course, actors will dissect and demystify the on-camera auditioning process with one of Atlanta’s most experienced casting directors (and former actor). Expect tips on how to create dynamic, personal, and active self tapes or in-person call backs with clear, active choices, grounded in truth. We will also cover everything “outside of the acting” from industry standard lighting, sound, to backgrounds and much more. We’ll create a basic road map for any audition by exploring objectives, obstacles, actions, and storytelling arc. We’ll practice receiving notes and re-directs. Slates and cold reads will also be explored, and we’ll reserve time each week for general questions about the biz!
- Understand present-day industry standards for successful lighting, sound, and audio for self tapes, and hear what makes a callback stand out or suffer.
- Explore how to bring one’s best self to auditions so that they are specific, grounded in truth, and varied.
- Hear real-time response to self tapes – what are the successes and what are the opportunities.
- Re-explore material from self-tapes in a mock call back setting, filmed, with real time notes and adjustments from a casting director.
- Create together a basic roadmap for any audition by naming objectives, obstacles, actions, and storytelling arc.
- What’s too much or too little in a self-taped slate?
- Explore cold reads, filmed, and quick tips to make them stand out with little preparation time.
- Time each week for general questions about the biz!
INSTRUCTOR: Clifton Guterman
AGES: Adults 17+
WEEKDAY: Fridays starting January 28th.
TIME: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
COMMITMENT: 8 Weeks
jan-mar INVESTMENT: $425 | Payment plans available.
PREREQ: Prior acting training, theatre or on camera. Request for more details at email@example.com.
Location: Catapult Acting Studios
jan-mar SeSSION DATeS: January 28, February 4, February 11, February 18, February 25, March 4, March 11, March 18
The JAN-MAR session is now open for registration. Please register below.
jan-mar SeSSION | starting jan 28
Catapult Acting, LLC has a 24 hour grace period in which clients can cancel their registration and receive a full refund. After 24 hours, a 10% cancellation fee will apply to all registrations. If the client chooses to cancel 15-21 days before the event, a 50% refund will be issued. If the registration is cancelled within 14 days of the event, 100% of the payment will be forfeited. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds for missed, dropped or cancelled classes; should your schedule change once registered and within the cancellation policy.
In the event that “Shelter in Place” or another quarantine situation should take place, workshops + classes will continue virtually via Zoom. The cancellation policy above will still apply.