- INSTRUCTORS: Dexter Masland
- Assistant Instructor: Madeline Marconi
- DATES: July 12-16
- TIME: 10am–4pm
- AGES: 7-12
- CAPACITY: 24
- INVESTMENT: $625
Instructed by Catapult Acting Coach Dexter Masland, Camp FUNdamentals is the perfect combination of acting training and summer camp fun. This camp was specifically created for actors with any level of acting experience who wish to spend a week learning, laughing and growing. This 5-day camp is a great introduction to the fundamentals of acting as well as the ABC’s of the film industry. Students will learn the basics of TV/Film acting, auditioning, improv and more! Over the course of the week, actors will work on a scene which they will film on the last day in one of our professional taping rooms, “self-tape style!”
Register below to guarantee your spot!
- How does storytelling relate to acting?
- What makes a great story teller?
- Let’s tell some STORIES of our OWN!
- Why is having fun so important with acting?
- How does playing give us freedom to express?
- Let’s PLAY!
- How does your imagination work?
- How can you “work out” your imagination?
- Let’s put our IMAGINATIONS to work!
DAY 4TV/Film Acting Basics
- What is acting ON-CAMERA?
- How does TV/Film acting differ from Stage acting?
- Let’s get ON-CAMERA and PLAY!
- How do auditions work?
- What makes a great audition?
- Let’s do some AUDITIONING!
meet your instructors
Dexter grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and did his first play at the age of 5. By 13, he was immersed in school musicals, acting camps and making films with his friends in his backyard. He continued acting throughout high school and college at The University of Southern California, where he received a B.A in Dramatic Arts and minored in The Critical Study of Film and Television. He continued his training at the renowned British American Drama Academy (BADA) in London. After completing that program, he returned to Los Angeles and began working as a professional actor and model. During his 9 years in Los Angeles, he trained under the famous UCB Improv School, and studied under Hollywood’s top acting coaches. His first television appearance was on the hit Disney Channel show Dog With A Blog. He then went on to appear on the CW’s Golden Globe Award-Winning show Jane the Virgin. His most recent film, Double Belgian, won Best Narrative Feature at the Dumbo Film Festival in NY and was an Official Selection at the Manhattan Film Festival. Most importantly, his love of acting is contagious, and he is committed to helping others reach their greatest potential.