- Industry PROS: J Pervis Talent | East West Management | Casting Director Dalex Miller
- Instructors: Danny Annone + Terence Lee
- DATES: May 5-7, 2023
- AGES: Youth (8-12) | Teen (13-16)
- TIMES: 5th: 5-8pm | 6th: 10-5pm | 7th: Staggered + 3-3:30pm (Industry Panel)
- LOCATION: Catapult Acting Studios
- INVESTMENT: REGULAR INVESTMENT $369
WHAT IS THE AUDITION GAUNTLET?
AUDITION GAUNTLET is a three-day intensive providing actors with in-depth training and the opportunity to execute a “mock audition” for three different industry pros…back to back to back!
– Memorization Techniques
– What do agents look for?
– What do casting directors look for?
– Keys to “owning the room”
– How to let go!
– Embrace your authenticity
– Create a winning mindset
– Craft a compelling character
For this workshop, actors will need to prepare a 1.5-2 page script, preferably with only two characters, that best showcases your acting ability. We will include a link to our scene database in the confirmation email. It is important to note that if you select a scene with more than two pages please make the necessary edits to cut it down to the appropriate length. We also advise scenes with minimal-to-no graphic content and language. The goal should be to find a scene that not only highlights your type and talent, but also excites you to make bold, fun choices!
Super Early Bird $279 (SOLD OUT) | Early bird $329 (SOLD OUT) | REGULAR INVESTMENT $369
DISCLAIMER: DEAR ACTOR, Please note that this class, as with all of our others, is specifically designed to educate and train, NOT to get you representation or guaranteed employment.
NOTE: Guest Industry Pros are subject to change due to nature of the business. If/when industry pros change, each event will be updated as soon as possible.
DAY 1MINDSET AND PERFORMANCE PREP
– Two of Catapult’s top coaches provide valuable insight on how to best prepare your scene and role!
– Following a brief breakdown of the weekend with both actors and their parents in attendance, and warm-ups with the actors, each student will be given the opportunity to put their scene on its feet in front of the instructors. The purpose of this will simply be to make sure each actor’s scene works for them, in terms of character, genre, scene length, etc. If any tweaks are needed, or if the scene does not work for the actor, the instructors will assess and address. Following the scenes, instructors will give overall feedback, notes, and what actors need to work on prior to Day 2.
DAY 2SCENE PREP
– Practice! Practice! Practice!
– Actors continue working with coaches to find bold choices and moments of spontaneity!
– The overall focus on the second day is IN-DEPTH scene work. It will consist of focused script work, character development, and audition preparation. Each actor will be given ample time to work on, adjust, and strengthen their scenes in front of the camera. The goal being for every actor to feel fully prepared for the Gauntlet on Day 3. Instructors will also answer any specific questions the actors have.
DAY 3MOCK AUDITIONS
Time for the Gauntlet! Each actor will rotate between three rooms (VIRTUALLY), executing their scenes for three Top Industry Pros. Actors will be given feedback and direction from each of these Pros. Once all students have completed their Gauntlet, there will be an Industry Panel with all three of the Pros. Parents are encouraged to attend the Industry Panel
MEET YOUR Industry PROS:
Carissa FowlerJ Pervis Talent Agency
Carissa started her career in the entertainment industry when she was 14 years old. She began taking acting classes, found her love of acting, and started booking local commercials and productions in the Atlanta area. In 2004 – 2005 she moved to Los Angeles to take advantage of the training and opportunities during pilot and episodic seasons. Her LA experience paid off when she moved back to Atlanta. She booked several episodic such as CW One Tree Hill, TPS Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, and USA Necessary Roughness. After a second stay in LA (between 2009–2010) she continued to build her resume when she booked FOX The Following, a recurring role of BET The Game, and was cast as Diane Lane’s daughter in the feature film, Secretariat. During her downtime beginning in 2007 through current, Carissa started working with Jayme Pervis at J Pervis Talent Agency first assisting in clerical jobs and learning the ins and outs of the agency. In 2011, Carissa married her first love, Mason Fowler. They have 2 beautiful children. She continues to work at J Pervis Talent Agency.
Elana DvorakEast West Management
Elana Dvorak was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She started her career in production working for producer Lynda Obst and moved into representation a year and half later. She was a talent manager for 14 years at Howard Entertainment. Elana then moved to Atlanta 9 years ago, where she was a talent agent at Atlanta Models + Talent and Houghton Talent. She has also worked as the casting director for Lantern Audiobooks. Elana is recently opened up her own management company, East West Management, in association with Howard Entertainment out of Los Angeles.
Dalex MillerCasting Director
Dalex is a seasoned casting associate and actor alike. A longtime improviser / comedian / improv teacher, dalex cut his teeth on stages and casting offices on the west coast before moving to ATL in 2019. He is currently working on the streaming series Hysteria! for Peacock to be released this fall.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Originally from Miami, FL, Daniel grew up with a love for theatre and film. After attending a magnet program in high school, he went on to graduate from the University of Central Florida with his BFA in Theatre, acquiring theatre credits ranging from traveling Children’s Theatres (Hampstead Stage, Madcap Puppets) to Regional theatres like the Orlando Shakes. With a passion for humor, Daniel has performed live sketch comedy and improv steadily over ten years, most recently working with the Mighty Shorts Comedy Collective. Since moving to Atlanta 6 years ago he’s focused primarily on his career in film and television, earning credits in projects such as Doom Patrol, She-Hulk, Atlanta, Richard Jewell, and Dog Gone, among others.
In his free time, Danny loves training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and playing video games. As someone who’s constantly aspiring to learn and grow, he’s beyond grateful to have found a home here at Catapult and looks forward to giving back and sharing his passion with those around him.
Terence is a classically trained actor with an MFA in Acting. Having gone through the rigorous training that a graduate program entails, Terence is familiar with multiple approaches to acting which, allowing him to effectively communicate with actors in a way that best serves them and their needs. Prior to relocating to Atlanta in 2019, he served as a private acting coach, an instructor for undergraduate acting courses at The University of Central Florida, and a teaching artist for Orlando Shakes and The Orlando Repertory Theatre. Since arriving in Atlanta in 2019, Terence has been booked on a network pilot, and several regional and national commercials with Apple Inc, Best Buy, and GA Lottery. Additionally, Terence has published a graduate thesis entitled “Mindful Acting”, an approach to acting centered around the practical aspects of mindfulness. He hopes to utilize his training and experience to elevate Catapult’s community of actors with an abundance of truth and spontaneity, paired with an unparalleled level of confidence.
Catapult Acting, LLC has a 24 hour grace period in which clients can cancel their registration and receive a full refund. After 24 hours, a 10% cancellation fee will apply to all registrations. If the client chooses to cancel 15-21 days before the event, a 50% refund will be issued. If the registration is cancelled within 14 days of the event, 100% of the payment will be forfeited. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds for missed, dropped or cancelled classes; should your schedule change once registered and within the cancellation policy.