- INDUSTRY PROS: TBD
- INSTRUCTORS: BRITTNEY Q. HILL + PATRICK HOGAN
- DATES: JUNE 2-4
- AGES: Adults 17+
- TIMES: 2nd: 5-8pm | 3rd: 10-5pm | 4th: TBD
- LOCATION: Catapult Acting Studios
- INVESTMENT: $279
- Capacity: 4
- Prerequisites: None
WHAT IS THE AUDITION GAUNTLET?
AUDITION GAUNTLET is a three-day intensive providing actors with in-depth training and the opportunity to execute a “mock audition” for three different industry pros…back to back to back!
– Memorization Techniques
– What do agents look for?
– What do casting directors look for?
– Keys to “owning the room”
– How to let go!
– Embrace your authenticity
– Create a winning mindset
– Craft a compelling character
For this workshop, actors will need to prepare a 1.5-2 page script, preferably with only two characters, that best showcases your acting ability. We will include a link to our scene database in the confirmation email. It is important to note that if you select a scene with more than two pages please make the necessary edits to cut it down to the appropriate length. We also advise scenes with minimal-to-no graphic content and language. The goal should be to find a scene that not only highlights your type and talent, but also excites you to make bold, fun choices!
Register below FOR TIER 1!
tier 1 $279 (ENDS APRIL 17) | TIER 2 $329 | TIER 3 $369
Register below to guarantee your spot!
DISCLAIMER: DEAR ACTOR, Please note that this class, as with all of our others, is specifically designed to educate and train, NOT to get you representation or guaranteed employment.
NOTE: Guest Industry Pros are subject to change due to nature of the business. If/when industry pros change, each event will be updated as soon as possible.
DAY 1MINDSET AND PERFORMANCE PREP
– Two of Catapult’s top coaches provide valuable insight on how to best prepare your scene and role!
– Following a brief breakdown of the weekend with both actors and their parents in attendance, and warm-ups with the actors, each student will be given the opportunity to put their scene on its feet in front of the instructors. The purpose of this will simply be to make sure each actor’s scene works for them, in terms of character, genre, scene length, etc. If any tweaks are needed, or if the scene does not work for the actor, the instructors will assess and address. Following the scenes, instructors will give overall feedback, notes, and what actors need to work on prior to Day 2.
DAY 2SCENE PREP
– Practice! Practice! Practice!
– Actors continue working with coaches to find bold choices and moments of spontaneity!
– The overall focus on the second day is IN-DEPTH scene work. It will consist of focused script work, character development, and audition preparation. Each actor will be given ample time to work on, adjust, and strengthen their scenes in front of the camera. The goal being for every actor to feel fully prepared for the Gauntlet on Day 3. Instructors will also answer any specific questions the actors have.
DAY 3MOCK AUDITIONS
Time for the Gauntlet! Each actor will rotate between three rooms (VIRTUALLY), executing their scenes for three Top Industry Pros. Actors will be given feedback and direction from each of these Pros. Once all students have completed their Gauntlet, there will be an Industry Panel with all three of the Pros. Parents are encouraged to attend the Industry Panel.
MEET YOUR Industry PROS
PROS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON! STAY TUNED!
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
BRITTNEY Q. HILLINSTRUCTOR
Brittney Q. Hill is an Actress and Producer, originally from Los Angeles, CA. She first began her entertainment career as a model at the age of 15. And it was during her undergraduate studies at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, where her passion for acting blossomed while taking Theater.
After Brittney graduated and received her B.A. in Film and Mass Media Communications, she moved back to LA to further pursue her career in Acting. During her 8 years in LA, she trained under some of the most elite acting coaches including Ivana Chubbuck, Tasha Smith, Aaron Speiser, and Second City to name a few.
Since then, Brittney has starred in several films, award winning web-series, commercials, plays, and most recently on Our Kind of People (FOX). In addition to acting, Brittney is the Founder/CEO and Executive Producer of FAITH AND FAME® an entertainment media platform & brand.
Patrick attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he found his love for acting. Upon graduating with a BA in Dramatic Arts, he began his professional acting career. Patrick is best known for his roles on Turn (AMC), Sleepy Hollow(FOX), Good Behavior (TNT), Cipher (SY-FY), as well as over 30 national and regional commercials.
As he continued his acting career he began directing and teaching acting classes, and soon discovered a new passion, sharing his love and knowledge of acting with students. He has taught acting classes since 2010 and developed a film program that teaches students the entire film making process from pre-production to post. Patrick feels incredibly lucky to be able to work with students and help them strengthen their craft and achieve their goals. Catapult Acting Studios has a place for every actor no matter their background, acting experience, or individual goals, and it is a privilege to be a part of the Catapult family.
Catapult Acting, LLC has a 24 hour grace period in which clients can cancel their registration and receive a full refund. After 24 hours, a 10% cancellation fee will apply to all registrations. If the client chooses to cancel 15-21 days before the event, a 50% refund will be issued. If the registration is cancelled within 14 days of the event, 100% of the payment will be forfeited. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds for missed, dropped or cancelled classes; should your schedule change once registered and within the cancellation policy.